Saturday, November 06, 2010

Knuth another Lutheran Scientist/Mathematician

I thought I would be slowing down but I got so inspired by this talk of Donald Knuth at Google, that I must blog about it. May more mathematicians and scientist, come out of the "closet" and declare themselves, yes I am a believer in Christ and yes I am a Scientist.... He is neutral at the moment on creationism but he also doubts evolution. Overall there are still items of his faith understanding that needs more robustness and needs more development. Frankly, it will be quite remarkable to find a Scientist of today that has the stability and solidity of faith in the confessional sense so I am cutting him some slack. They walk on shoes that have a pebbles embedded inside.




2 comments:

Augustinian Successor said...

Dear Kuya,

Thanks again for dropping a line or two over at FB. A belated Happy Reformation Day to you too! Sorry for not keeping in touch. I have finished my last semester, and the only thing left to do is my project paper - the mini-thesis and the special sem before graduation. Thank you for all your prayers!

God bless you and your family, Kuya! I hope I can come and visit you in Australia soon.

Warmly in Christ,
Jason

LPC said...

A.S.

No worries, I will tour you around, just give me a couple of months notice so I can take some leave.

Hot season starts now and will end April. I got a friend visiting already next Feb. I might be overseas , deo volente, June.

LPC